Aishwarya Kawle
New member
- Company Name
- Go ibibo
- Website Name
- https://www.goibibo.com
- Customer Care Number
- +911244395000
- Loss Amount
- 1300
- Ratings
- 1.00 star(s)
- Opposite Party Address
- MakeMyTrip (India) Private Limited
19th Floor, Tower A/B/C, Epitome Building No. 5,
DLF Cyber City, DLF Phase III,
Gurugram Haryana - 122002
I am filing this complaint against Goibibo regarding the non-refund of ₹1,300 from a flight booking that was cancelled by the airline.
I booked a SpiceJet flight from Mumbai to Bengaluru for 08 October 2026 through Goibibo for two passengers, Aishwarya Vikas and Kunal Jaikumar.
The total amount charged by Goibibo was ₹8,491, which was paid using my ICICI Bank credit card ending in 4006.
The booking details clearly show the following:
I contacted SpiceJet regarding the cancellation and was informed that the airline had processed a refund of ₹9,390. The Goibibo booking status also confirms that the PNR was cancelled by the airline and that a refund request was filed with the airline.
However, despite the airline refund being ₹9390, Goibibo has refunded only ₹7191 to my credit card.
Therefore:
Amount paid to Goibibo: ₹8491
Refund received: ₹7191
Outstanding amount: ₹1300
I have repeatedly attempted to contact Goibibo regarding this discrepancy. However, I have been unable to obtain meaningful assistance from Goibibo's customer support. The available support repeatedly routes me through automated/AI responses without providing access to a human representative capable of addressing the refund discrepancy.
This has left me without a proper explanation of where the ₹1300 difference has gone.
I understand that Goibibo's terms may provide for certain non-refundable fees in some cancellation situations. However, in this case, the flight was cancelled by the airline, and SpiceJet refunded ₹9,390. I therefore require Goibibo to provide a transparent, itemised reconciliation showing:
I request that Goibibo be directed to resolve the matter and refund the outstanding amount of ₹1300, along with appropriate compensation for the inconvenience, repeated unsuccessful attempts to obtain customer support, and the time spent pursuing a refund that should have been transparently reconciled in the first place.
I booked a SpiceJet flight from Mumbai to Bengaluru for 08 October 2026 through Goibibo for two passengers, Aishwarya Vikas and Kunal Jaikumar.
The total amount charged by Goibibo was ₹8,491, which was paid using my ICICI Bank credit card ending in 4006.
The booking details clearly show the following:
- Airline Base Fare + Taxes: ₹9390
- Goibibo Convenience Fee: ₹900
- E-Coupon (GOSKYDOM): ₹1799
- Total amount paid: ₹8491
I contacted SpiceJet regarding the cancellation and was informed that the airline had processed a refund of ₹9,390. The Goibibo booking status also confirms that the PNR was cancelled by the airline and that a refund request was filed with the airline.
However, despite the airline refund being ₹9390, Goibibo has refunded only ₹7191 to my credit card.
Therefore:
Amount paid to Goibibo: ₹8491
Refund received: ₹7191
Outstanding amount: ₹1300
I have repeatedly attempted to contact Goibibo regarding this discrepancy. However, I have been unable to obtain meaningful assistance from Goibibo's customer support. The available support repeatedly routes me through automated/AI responses without providing access to a human representative capable of addressing the refund discrepancy.
This has left me without a proper explanation of where the ₹1300 difference has gone.
I understand that Goibibo's terms may provide for certain non-refundable fees in some cancellation situations. However, in this case, the flight was cancelled by the airline, and SpiceJet refunded ₹9,390. I therefore require Goibibo to provide a transparent, itemised reconciliation showing:
- The exact amount received by Goibibo from SpiceJet.
- Every deduction made by Goibibo from that amount.
- The contractual/other basis for each deduction.
- The reason only ₹7191 was refunded to me.
- Refund of the outstanding ₹1300, if there is no lawful and contractually supported basis for its deduction.
I request that Goibibo be directed to resolve the matter and refund the outstanding amount of ₹1300, along with appropriate compensation for the inconvenience, repeated unsuccessful attempts to obtain customer support, and the time spent pursuing a refund that should have been transparently reconciled in the first place.