Samsung Charging Adapter Under Warranty But asking to Buy Upgraded Adapter for Higher price

Sharath

Loss Amount
Company Name
Samsung Electronics
Ratings
5.00 star(s)
I had bought Samsung S24 Ultra mobile and original 45W Charger (Samsung EP-T451) and the Charging Adapter stopped working within 4 months. It is under warranty period of 6 months and I asked for a replacement. In every Authorised Samsung service center they agree for replacement but later tell it is out of stock. Reason they give: "S24 Charging Adapter has manufacturing defect because of which a lot of customers are asking for replacement. So they have stopped its production and rectified its problem and developed a new model Adapter".
Faulty Adapter was priced within Rs.3000 and the new model is about Rs.4000
Samsung guys are agreeing to refund old Adapter price and asking me to buy a new one which is priced 1000 Rs. higher.
I'm asking them to replace with the new Model Adapter because mine is under warranty and the product had manufacturing defect which company has accepted. I have already paid around Rs.1,30,000 for mobile and they want us to pay 1000 more for their fault.

A top company like Samsung has delivered a faulty product in the market and when customers got affected they stopped production and created a higher price alternative to make money. It is their responsibility to replace the faulty products because it is an issue from their side.
My expectation before was to just get a replacement but after facing all these complications over a month, I expect a new model Adapter and Samsung should publicly recall every faulty Adapter of the said model and replace it for everyone who has faced problems with that and I need a valid compensation for complications (described below) and cheating faced.

Attached bill and jobsheet.

All Sequence of events:
1. Went to Croma store from where I bought and they told to visit Samsung service centre.

2.Went to Hsr Layout Bangalore service center on 25th Sept, 2024: they accepted to replace as adapter is faulty and told no stock, please check in other service centers. They also told that Adapter had manufacturing defect and they have stopped producing it, they have rectified the issue and started manufacturing new model.

3. Went to Marthalli bridge service centre on 25th Sept: They accepted to replace, told no stock but we need to place order and it will come in 10 days. Then the service centre guy placed order and told he will call in 10 days. After 10 days when I called him he is telling that production is stopped and no stock, we can only refund.
My 10 days of warranty lost here.

4. I went to Service centre in Puttur, Mangalore on 11th Oct, 2024: I told whole story and they told that there was no jobsheet created for the order. That means the service centre guy in Bangalore Marthalli Bridge had lied and cheated me saying it will be delivered in 10 days.

5. Then I called Customer care and escalated the issue. They told me to get a job sheet created in Puttur service centre and then call back. I got a job sheet and then I called customer care and after facing all these troubles I asked them to replace old adapter with a new model Adapter. He finally agreed and told will deliver it. I asked them for approx time, they told they will give daily status update.

6. I called them on 14th Oct, and again narrated them whole story. They told their supervisor will callback.

7. I got a call from a supervisor in Samsung customer care on 15th Oct, 2024: He is telling they can't replace with the new model Adapter because it id higher price and my warranty is for older one. I asked that I have already paid 1.3 lakh and he is telling you had paid only for mobile and charger is that's why sold separately. Point looks like they wanted to cheat customers.
* He is giving example like you bought a product yesterday and today that product is not there, then how can we replace with a new product which is different.
* I told him even very big car companies recall every car on road to fix the bug in their software or components and replace them.
* Then his style of speaking changed.
* He was like no we cannot replace at all, I asked them warranty is useless then. Then after he did other agree at all, I cut the call.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241014_115055_Jobsheet.jpg
    Screenshot_20241014_115055_Jobsheet.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20241011_Bill.jpg
    Screenshot_20241011_Bill.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 1
Hi Sharath,

If they are giving you the full refund, I suggest you to take it.

After using the charger for nearly 4 months and still they are returning your money, that's good.

You can try to file a case in consumer forum. but I think the disputed amount is low and its a good idea not to waste time and money if they are giving you the full refund.

Choice is yours.

Hi Sharath,

If they are giving you the full refund, I suggest you to take it.

After using the charger for nearly 4 months and still they are returning your money, that's good.

You can try to file a case in consumer forum. but I think the disputed amount is low and its a good idea not to waste time and money if they are giving you the full refund.

Choice is yours.
May be you are right.
But I'm asking for a replacement only because it is under full warranty and used just for almost 4 months. They accepted to replace it because it is not my issue. Also they identified the mistake and developed a new one for a higher price. Imagine how many users who bought this might have got affected. I have seen same returned Adapters in service center and they too accept it. So when it is their mass production mistake then it is their duty to replace right? Because mobile without charger is useless.

It is not a big thing for me to buy a new one with 4000. But then what is warranty for?
And why service center guys straightaway don't say that stock will not be available? They say we need to order and then after some days they will say no stock. Then they ask us to check in another service center. And in my case they told they have ordered but did not even create a jobsheet too, cheating right? By the time a person checks in different service centers their warranty will be gone. Why don't they tell straightaway when they know the truth?
What service are they providing then?

Hmmm
You are right, but try to understand the situation.
if the company is refunding all of your money even after the 4 months and if you have not faced any loss because of that product.
So what is the purpose of the complaint..

Hmmm
You are right, but try to understand the situation.
if the company is refunding all of your money even after the 4 months and if you have not faced any loss because of that product.
So what is the purpose of the complaint..
Think this way:
1. They give a 6 months warranty and this is only for problems happened without any external damage, that is if some manufacturing issue or defect came up they will replace, that too after all proper queries.
2. Refunding all your money: What will you do if you pay some 3k for something and it stops working within 4 months. And then you get to know it was not a problem only with your device, it is a problem with everyone. And that's why people go for proper brands and with proper warranty.
3. Now I have a warranty. If warranty was not there than it was all my responsibility and I wouldn't have even thought of replacement.
4. I'm just asking for a replacement of a Charging adapter and in whole country they don't have a single piece left in stock? Is it believable for a top consumer brand? if it is true then imagine how many Adapters might have been replaced because of issue.

It was my right as a consumer to get a product replaced within warranty and even in consumer court there is no help available. We anyways pay a lot of money for such not our mistakes, so I will buy a new product. To get refund of 3000 i have to give Adhar card, bill, wire which is working and I don't know how many service centre visits/calls more. Instead I will buy a new product of 4000.

Back