meghasharma001
New member
- Company Name
- Make My Trip
- Website Name
- MakeMyTrip
- Loss Amount
- 56000
- Ratings
- 1.00 star(s)
- Opposite Party Address
- 19th Floor, Tower A/B/C, Epitome Building No. 5, DLF Cyber City, DLF Phase III, Gurugram, Haryana – 122002, India
Iam filing this complaint against MakeMyTrip regarding the mishandling of my AirAsia ticket cancellation and refund request for travel to Denpasar, Bali.
On 11 September, I contacted MakeMyTrip customer care to cancel my AirAsia ticket. The customer-care executive informed me that I was eligible for a refund and assured me that the cancellation/refund request would be processed.
For the following three weeks, I repeatedly contacted MakeMyTrip to enquire about my refund. On each occasion, I was told that my refund was under process. On one occasion, a customer-care executive specifically informed me that the refund had already been issued and was with the agency.
I relied on these representations and therefore believed that the necessary request had been submitted to AirAsia.
However, after three weeks of repeated follow-ups, MakeMyTrip finally admitted that the refund request had never been submitted to AirAsia.
I subsequently received communication from AirAsia regarding the refund, and AirAsia has now denied the refund.
This has caused me significant financial loss and inconvenience. Had
MakeMyTrip submitted the request when I initially contacted them on 11 September, or accurately informed me that the request had not been submitted, I could have approached AirAsia much earlier and taken the necessary steps.
I interacted with MakeMyTrip customer-care executives Shalu ,Himanshu and Aanchal, who provided assurances regarding the refund status. I was subsequently contacted by Ms. Ritu, who requested my booking and contact details for further assistance. I promptly provided the requested information, but she subsequently stopped responding and no meaningful resolution was provided.
I request that the Consumer Authority examine the conduct of MakeMyTrip in this matter and direct them to provide an appropriate resolution/compensation for the financial loss, delay and inconvenience caused due to their failure to submit the refund request and the incorrect information provided by their customer-care representatives.
I am able to provide the booking details, call records, communications with MakeMyTrip, AirAsia's communication denying the refund, and other supporting documents as required.
On 11 September, I contacted MakeMyTrip customer care to cancel my AirAsia ticket. The customer-care executive informed me that I was eligible for a refund and assured me that the cancellation/refund request would be processed.
For the following three weeks, I repeatedly contacted MakeMyTrip to enquire about my refund. On each occasion, I was told that my refund was under process. On one occasion, a customer-care executive specifically informed me that the refund had already been issued and was with the agency.
I relied on these representations and therefore believed that the necessary request had been submitted to AirAsia.
However, after three weeks of repeated follow-ups, MakeMyTrip finally admitted that the refund request had never been submitted to AirAsia.
I subsequently received communication from AirAsia regarding the refund, and AirAsia has now denied the refund.
This has caused me significant financial loss and inconvenience. Had
MakeMyTrip submitted the request when I initially contacted them on 11 September, or accurately informed me that the request had not been submitted, I could have approached AirAsia much earlier and taken the necessary steps.
I interacted with MakeMyTrip customer-care executives Shalu ,Himanshu and Aanchal, who provided assurances regarding the refund status. I was subsequently contacted by Ms. Ritu, who requested my booking and contact details for further assistance. I promptly provided the requested information, but she subsequently stopped responding and no meaningful resolution was provided.
I request that the Consumer Authority examine the conduct of MakeMyTrip in this matter and direct them to provide an appropriate resolution/compensation for the financial loss, delay and inconvenience caused due to their failure to submit the refund request and the incorrect information provided by their customer-care representatives.
I am able to provide the booking details, call records, communications with MakeMyTrip, AirAsia's communication denying the refund, and other supporting documents as required.