Formal Complaint – Request for Repair / Replacement of TV Under Damage Protection Plan

Ram Gupta

New member
Loss Amount
31366
Ratings
1.00 star(s)
Opposite Party Address
Mira Road Mumbai
Dear Flipkart / Jeeves Team,

I am writing to formally escalate my Damage Protection claim for my Motorola 55-inch QLED TV purchased through Flipkart.

Product & Plan Details:

  • Product: MOTOROLA 139.7 cm (55 inch) QLED Ultra HD (4K) Smart Google TV – 2025 Edition
  • Invoice Value: ₹31,366
  • Model: 55UHDGQMWSDQ_TVSHGNZ5UFUSPGEH
  • Serial No.: M55QB26407SB06143
  • Damage Protection Plan: Damage Protection for TV – 2 Years
  • Plan ID: PDPJVS0V004447371563396
  • Plan Start Date: 05 July 2026
  • Plan End Date: 04 July 2028
  • Claim Date: 16 September 2026
The TV screen was accidentally damaged when my son unintentionally threw a toy at it. I immediately raised a claim under the Damage Protection Plan and have cooperated with the claim process.

However, after waiting for approximately 13 days, I was informed by Jeeves that the TV cannot be repaired and that they would instead take back the TV and provide a settlement of approximately ₹15,000. I have not accepted this settlement.

I would like to highlight that the Damage Protection T&Cs specifically give “a child throwing a toy that hits the TV screen unintentionally, causing it to crack” as an example of accidental damage covered under the plan. This is substantially the same as the incident in my case.

I therefore request that my claim be reassessed with repair or replacement as the preferred resolution.

The T&Cs also state that Jeeves will arrange for a technician to assess the damage and, where parts are required, procure the necessary parts and perform the repair.

If Jeeves has determined that the TV is Beyond Economical Repair (BER), I request that you provide me with the following before closing the claim:

  1. The detailed technician/service report confirming why the TV cannot be repaired.
  2. The estimated cost of screen replacement and repair.
  3. Confirmation of whether the required screen/panel is unavailable or whether the repair has been considered economically unviable.
  4. The exact calculation and basis for the proposed ₹15,000 settlement.
  5. Confirmation of the Sum Assured and depreciation applied to this claim.
My preferred resolution is repair of the existing TV or, if repair is genuinely not possible, replacement of the TV with an equivalent or comparable model. I am requesting that the claim be resolved through one of these options rather than being closed through a cash settlement without a proper technical assessment and explanation.

I have purchased the Damage Protection Plan specifically to protect the television against accidental damage, and I expect the claim to be handled in accordance with the terms and service commitments of the plan.

Please treat this as a formal escalation of my claim and provide a written response along with the technical assessment and proposed resolution.

I do not accept the proposed ₹15,000 settlement at this stage, and I do not authorize closure of my claim.

I request that the claim remain open until the reassessment is completed and a proper resolution is provided.

Regards,
Ram Gupta
 
Back
Top