Consumer Complaint Regarding Short Refund by Goibibo

Monika9654

New member
Hotel Name
Goibibo
Company Name
Goibibo
Website Name
Goibibo
Customer Care Number
01246280407
Loss Amount
4360
Ratings
1.00 star(s)
I am filing this complaint against Goibibo in relation to the non-refund of the full refundable amount for an airline booking made through Goibibo.

The booking was made through Goibibo for my father, Tilak Dhari, for travel on Akasa Air flight QP1821 from Bengaluru to Delhi. The booking details are as follows:

Booking ID: GOFLDNTANKU65121216
PNR: E999VG
Airline: Akasa Air
Flight: QP1821
Route: Bengaluru to Delhi
Booking Date: 17 September 2026
Scheduled Travel Date: 28 September 2026
Total Amount Paid: ₹7,707

I cancelled the booking shortly after making the reservation. Subsequently, Goibibo refunded only ₹3347 to me, leaving a balance of ₹4,360.

I contacted Akasa Air regarding the refund. Akasa Air confirmed to me in writing that the refundable amount had been refunded to Goibibo. I have documentary evidence of this communication and am submitting the same along with this complaint.

Despite Akasa Air confirming that the refundable amount was refunded to Goibibo, Goibibo has not refunded the corresponding amount to me. Goibibo has refunded only ₹2,848 + 499 out of the ₹7,707 paid by me.

I contacted Goibibo and raised a formal grievance with its Grievance Officer, requesting an explanation and an itemized breakup of the amount retained. I specifically requested Goibibo to provide:

1. The exact amount refunded by Akasa Air to Goibibo against my booking;
2. A complete and itemized breakup of all deductions;
3. The cancellation and fare rules applicable to my booking at the time of purchase;
4. The contractual basis for each deduction; and
5. An explanation for the difference between the amount refunded by the airline and the amount actually refunded to me.

However, despite raising the grievance, I have not received a satisfactory response/resolution from Goibibo.

I submit that Goibibo has failed to provide a clear justification for retaining ₹4,360 from the amount paid by me, particularly when the airline has confirmed that the refundable amount was transferred/refunded to Goibibo.

I therefore seek appropriate relief from the Hon'ble Consumer Commission, including:

a) Refund of the outstanding amount of ₹4,859, or such amount as is found legally refundable after verification of the airline's refund records;

b) A direction to Goibibo to provide a complete and transparent statement showing the amount received from Akasa Air and every deduction made from the refund;

c) Compensation for the inconvenience, mental harassment and loss of time caused by the failure to properly process and explain the refund;

d) Reimbursement of the costs incurred by me in pursuing the grievance; and

e) Any other relief that the Hon'ble Consumer Commission considers appropriate in the facts and circumstances of the case.

I am enclosing the booking confirmation, payment proof, cancellation/refund details, communication received from Akasa Air confirming the refund to Goibibo, the refund/credit received from Goibibo, and copies of my grievance correspondence with Goibibo as supporting documents.

I request the Hon'ble Consumer Commission to examine the records and direct Goibibo to account for the refund amount received from the airline and refund the amount that is legally due to me.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_2026-09-18-17-48-37-40_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2026-09-18-17-48-37-40_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2026-09-22-18-11-58-92_788c8aa52cd1a3ce20d80a2037db35b5.jpg
    Screenshot_2026-09-22-18-11-58-92_788c8aa52cd1a3ce20d80a2037db35b5.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top