Concern Regarding Removal of Pay Later Option Despite MMT Black Membership in MakeMyTrip

IpsPatel

New member
Company Name
Make My Trip
Website Name
https://www.makemytrip.com/
Customer Care Number
01244628747
Loss Amount
1
Ratings
1.00 star(s)
Hi MakeMyTrip Team,

This is Ipsita, an MMT Black account holder, and I am writing to raise a concern regarding an issue with my profile.

Recently, I noticed that the “Pay Later” option is no longer available for any hotel bookings on my account. When I contacted customer support, I was informed that this option has been disabled due to multiple hotel cancellations.

I understand that MakeMyTrip may have certain policies regarding cancellations and the use of Pay Later. However, I would like to understand why this restriction is being applied without any clear information or prior communication about the cancellation limits associated with this facility.

If there is a specific limit on the number of cancellations after which Pay Later is disabled, I believe this should be clearly communicated to customers when the facility is offered. Customers should be aware of such terms and conditions rather than finding out only after the facility has been blocked.

I would also like to highlight that my last three hotel cancellations were not discretionary cancellations. They were necessitated because my flights were cancelled by the respective airlines. Therefore, considering these cancellations as a reason to restrict my Pay Later facility seems unfair, particularly when the cancellations were due to circumstances beyond my control.

I have been a loyal MakeMyTrip customer and have made ₹5 lakh+ worth of bookings through the platform. As an MMT Black member, I expect a better level of transparency and customer consideration.

If a facility is provided as a benefit to customers, there should be clear and transparent criteria explaining when and why it can be withdrawn. Otherwise, it becomes difficult for customers to understand the value of such benefits and remain loyal to the platform.

I request you to please:

  1. Review my account and the reason for disabling the Pay Later facility.
  2. Consider the circumstances behind my recent cancellations, particularly the airline cancellations.
  3. Reconsider restoring the Pay Later option on my account.
  4. Clearly communicate the applicable cancellation limits and terms associated with this facility.
I value my association with MakeMyTrip and would prefer to continue using the platform for my future travel bookings. However, experiences like this make customers question whether their loyalty and long-term association are genuinely valued.

I look forward to a fair resolution and a clear explanation regarding this matter.

Regards,
Ipsita
 
Back
Top