Complaint Regarding Failure to Deliver Rented Washing Machine and Unjustified Deduction of Security Deposit

Darshan Oswal

New member
Dealer Name
Rentickle
Company Name
Rentickle
Product Name
Washing machine
Customer Care Number
18002701950
Loss Amount
124
Ratings
1.00 star(s)
I am filing this complaint against Rentickle regarding the failure to deliver the rented washing machine within the committed timeframe and the subsequent unjustified deduction from my security deposit.

I, Darshan Oswal, booked a washing machine from Rentickle under Booking ID: 900042426. I paid ₹1,085 as a security deposit and ₹1,266 as the total rental amount for the entire tenure, both in advance.

Despite receiving the complete payment, Rentickle failed to deliver the washing machine even after 20 days. Due to the prolonged delay and lack of proper communication from Rentickle, I was forced to cancel the order.

After cancellation, I received ₹1,266 as the rental refund and only ₹961 out of my ₹1,085 security deposit, meaning ₹124 was deducted from my deposit.

I have asked Rentickle to provide a clear explanation and contractual basis for this deduction. The machine was never delivered, the promised service was not provided, and the cancellation occurred because of the company's failure to deliver within the expected timeframe and its lack of communication.

The amount may be only ₹124, but my complaint is not about the amount alone. It is about the company's failure to fulfil its commitment, failure to provide the promised service, lack of communication, and deduction from my deposit without providing a satisfactory justification.

I therefore request that Rentickle be directed to:

1. Provide a clear and itemized explanation for the ₹124 deduction.
2. Provide the specific contractual term/policy under which this deduction was made.
3. Refund the ₹124 deducted from my security deposit, if the deduction has no valid contractual basis.
4. Take appropriate corrective action regarding the service failure and lack of communication.

I have supporting documents, including payment records, booking details, cancellation records, refund details, and communication with Rentickle.

I request that this complaint be examined and appropriate action be taken. I am prepared to escalate the matter further irrespective of the amount involved, as this concerns the company's failure to honour its commitment and its lack of proper communication with the customer.

Complainant Details:
Name: Darshan Oswal
Booking ID: 900042426
Security Deposit Paid: ₹1,085
Rental Amount Paid: ₹1,266
Rental Amount Refunded: ₹1,266
Deposit Refunded: ₹961
Deposit Deducted: ₹124
 
Back
Top