- Dealer Name
- Reliance Digital
- Company Name
- TCL India
- Product Name
- TCL 43P755
- Customer Care Number
- 1800 102 0622
- Loss Amount
- 25990
- Ratings
- 1.00 star(s)
- Opposite Party Address
- Reliance Retail Limited
Reliance Digital
Plot No-108 , Municipal
No-54, Civil ,Lines,
Makrandpur Sarkar, Bareilly,
Uttar Pradesh, 243001,
Store contact no. 8591402656 / 8591402657
### 1. Product and Purchase Details
I purchased a **TCL 43P755 43-inch 4K UHD Smart Google TV** from **Reliance Digital on 14 October 2024** for a total purchase price of **₹25,990 including GST**. The product was purchased for personal/residential use and not for any commercial purpose.
The product warranty is valid until **13 October 2026**.
**TCL Case IDs:**
IN2608310528294360225
IN2608310534308101956
IN2609050812119511724
### 2. Television Remained Completely Unused
The television remained **completely unused after purchase** and was switched on for the first time only on **16 August 2026**.
Immediately after displaying the TCL logo, the screen went blank and the television became unusable. The defect was therefore discovered when the product was switched on for the first time, and it was reported during the valid warranty period.
### 3. Complaints and Repeated Follow-ups
After discovering the defect, I contacted TCL and raised a warranty service complaint. Despite repeated calls and follow-ups with TCL customer care and the authorised service centre, I did not receive a clear and timely resolution.
A further complaint was raised on **29 August 2026** because the issue remained unresolved. I continued cooperating with TCL and the service centre and repeatedly followed up regarding the status of my complaint.
### 4. Technician Visit and Uninformed Closure
A TCL technician visited on **3 September 2026** and requested the purchase invoice. I explained that I required some time to provide the invoice and requested reasonable time to submit it.
I provided the invoice on **4 September 2026**, the very next day.
However, I subsequently discovered that the service complaint had already been **closed by the technician without properly informing me and without waiting for the requested invoice**. I came to know about the closure only after contacting the technician myself.
I had never refused to provide the invoice. I had only requested time to provide it, and I fulfilled the requirement the following day. The complaint was subsequently reopened after I contacted TCL customer care again.
This unnecessary closure and reopening further delayed the resolution of my complaint.
### 5. No Effective Resolution
After the complaint was reopened, I was informed that a **panel replacement request may be raised**. However, despite repeated follow-ups, I was not provided with a firm and reliable resolution timeline.
I have repeatedly sought clarity regarding the status of my complaint and the expected resolution. The prolonged uncertainty has caused considerable inconvenience, particularly because the warranty expiry date is approaching.
### 6. Approaching Warranty Expiry
The warranty expires on **13 October 2026**. I also have plans to travel out of the city from **20 September 2026**.
Despite communicating my concern regarding the limited time available, I have not received a firm commitment regarding resolution.
I should not be financially or otherwise prejudiced because of delays arising from the manufacturer's warranty-service process.
### 7. Approach to Reliance Digital
Since the product was purchased from Reliance Digital, I also approached Reliance Digital seeking seller-level intervention.
I understood that the manufacturer's warranty service was to be handled by TCL. My request to Reliance Digital was specifically for intervention or escalation with TCL because I was not receiving an effective response or clear resolution.
Reliance Digital nevertheless directed me back to TCL, leaving me without an effective resolution despite having approached both the manufacturer and seller.
### 8. Full Refund Requested Without Depreciation
I am seeking a **full refund of ₹25,990**, being the complete amount paid for the television.
I do **not accept any depreciation, deduction, or reduction in the refund amount**.
The television remained completely unused from the date of purchase until **16 August 2026**, when it was switched on for the first time and immediately developed the defect.
Any depreciation or reduction arising merely from the passage of time, or from delays in the warranty-service process, would be particularly unfair in the circumstances because the product had not been used by me.
Accordingly, I seek reimbursement of the **entire purchase price of ₹25,990 without any depreciation or deduction**.
### 9. Mental Agony, Inconvenience and Loss of Time
The handling of this matter has caused considerable inconvenience, frustration and loss of time. I have repeatedly contacted TCL customer care, the service centre and the technician, provided the invoice, followed up after the complaint was closed, arranged for reopening of the complaint, sent emails, sought updates and contacted Reliance Digital.
Instead of receiving a straightforward resolution, I have had to repeatedly pursue the matter myself.
### 10. Relief Sought
I respectfully request that the Hon'ble Consumer Commission direct the concerned opposite parties to provide the following relief:
1. **Full refund of ₹25,990**, being the complete purchase price paid for the TCL 43P755 television.
2. The refund should be provided **without depreciation, deduction, reduction, or any other unfair adjustment**, particularly considering that the television remained completely unused until the defect was discovered on first use.
3. Award reasonable compensation for the **mental agony, inconvenience, repeated follow-ups and loss of time** caused by the defective product and deficient handling of the warranty complaint.
4. Award reasonable **litigation and documentation expenses** incurred in pursuing the matter.
5. Grant any other relief that the Hon'ble Consumer Commission considers appropriate based on the facts and documentary evidence.
### Conclusion
I purchased the television in good faith from an established retailer and expected a genuine warranty issue to be handled professionally. The television remained unused after purchase and developed the defect immediately when switched on for the first time on **16 August 2026**.
Despite reporting the defect during the valid warranty period and cooperating with the service process, I have experienced repeated follow-ups, an uninformed closure of my complaint, reopening of the complaint, lack of a definite resolution timeline and continued uncertainty as the warranty expiry date approaches.
Considering the circumstances, I no longer seek continued repair/service assistance. I seek **a full refund of ₹25,990 without depreciation or deduction**, along with reasonable compensation for the inconvenience, mental agony and loss of time caused by the defective product and deficient warranty-service handling.
I respectfully request that the complaint be considered on the basis of the documentary evidence submitted and that appropriate directions and relief be granted.
I purchased a **TCL 43P755 43-inch 4K UHD Smart Google TV** from **Reliance Digital on 14 October 2024** for a total purchase price of **₹25,990 including GST**. The product was purchased for personal/residential use and not for any commercial purpose.
The product warranty is valid until **13 October 2026**.
**TCL Case IDs:**
IN2608310528294360225
IN2608310534308101956
IN2609050812119511724
### 2. Television Remained Completely Unused
The television remained **completely unused after purchase** and was switched on for the first time only on **16 August 2026**.
Immediately after displaying the TCL logo, the screen went blank and the television became unusable. The defect was therefore discovered when the product was switched on for the first time, and it was reported during the valid warranty period.
### 3. Complaints and Repeated Follow-ups
After discovering the defect, I contacted TCL and raised a warranty service complaint. Despite repeated calls and follow-ups with TCL customer care and the authorised service centre, I did not receive a clear and timely resolution.
A further complaint was raised on **29 August 2026** because the issue remained unresolved. I continued cooperating with TCL and the service centre and repeatedly followed up regarding the status of my complaint.
### 4. Technician Visit and Uninformed Closure
A TCL technician visited on **3 September 2026** and requested the purchase invoice. I explained that I required some time to provide the invoice and requested reasonable time to submit it.
I provided the invoice on **4 September 2026**, the very next day.
However, I subsequently discovered that the service complaint had already been **closed by the technician without properly informing me and without waiting for the requested invoice**. I came to know about the closure only after contacting the technician myself.
I had never refused to provide the invoice. I had only requested time to provide it, and I fulfilled the requirement the following day. The complaint was subsequently reopened after I contacted TCL customer care again.
This unnecessary closure and reopening further delayed the resolution of my complaint.
### 5. No Effective Resolution
After the complaint was reopened, I was informed that a **panel replacement request may be raised**. However, despite repeated follow-ups, I was not provided with a firm and reliable resolution timeline.
I have repeatedly sought clarity regarding the status of my complaint and the expected resolution. The prolonged uncertainty has caused considerable inconvenience, particularly because the warranty expiry date is approaching.
### 6. Approaching Warranty Expiry
The warranty expires on **13 October 2026**. I also have plans to travel out of the city from **20 September 2026**.
Despite communicating my concern regarding the limited time available, I have not received a firm commitment regarding resolution.
I should not be financially or otherwise prejudiced because of delays arising from the manufacturer's warranty-service process.
### 7. Approach to Reliance Digital
Since the product was purchased from Reliance Digital, I also approached Reliance Digital seeking seller-level intervention.
I understood that the manufacturer's warranty service was to be handled by TCL. My request to Reliance Digital was specifically for intervention or escalation with TCL because I was not receiving an effective response or clear resolution.
Reliance Digital nevertheless directed me back to TCL, leaving me without an effective resolution despite having approached both the manufacturer and seller.
### 8. Full Refund Requested Without Depreciation
I am seeking a **full refund of ₹25,990**, being the complete amount paid for the television.
I do **not accept any depreciation, deduction, or reduction in the refund amount**.
The television remained completely unused from the date of purchase until **16 August 2026**, when it was switched on for the first time and immediately developed the defect.
Any depreciation or reduction arising merely from the passage of time, or from delays in the warranty-service process, would be particularly unfair in the circumstances because the product had not been used by me.
Accordingly, I seek reimbursement of the **entire purchase price of ₹25,990 without any depreciation or deduction**.
### 9. Mental Agony, Inconvenience and Loss of Time
The handling of this matter has caused considerable inconvenience, frustration and loss of time. I have repeatedly contacted TCL customer care, the service centre and the technician, provided the invoice, followed up after the complaint was closed, arranged for reopening of the complaint, sent emails, sought updates and contacted Reliance Digital.
Instead of receiving a straightforward resolution, I have had to repeatedly pursue the matter myself.
### 10. Relief Sought
I respectfully request that the Hon'ble Consumer Commission direct the concerned opposite parties to provide the following relief:
1. **Full refund of ₹25,990**, being the complete purchase price paid for the TCL 43P755 television.
2. The refund should be provided **without depreciation, deduction, reduction, or any other unfair adjustment**, particularly considering that the television remained completely unused until the defect was discovered on first use.
3. Award reasonable compensation for the **mental agony, inconvenience, repeated follow-ups and loss of time** caused by the defective product and deficient handling of the warranty complaint.
4. Award reasonable **litigation and documentation expenses** incurred in pursuing the matter.
5. Grant any other relief that the Hon'ble Consumer Commission considers appropriate based on the facts and documentary evidence.
### Conclusion
I purchased the television in good faith from an established retailer and expected a genuine warranty issue to be handled professionally. The television remained unused after purchase and developed the defect immediately when switched on for the first time on **16 August 2026**.
Despite reporting the defect during the valid warranty period and cooperating with the service process, I have experienced repeated follow-ups, an uninformed closure of my complaint, reopening of the complaint, lack of a definite resolution timeline and continued uncertainty as the warranty expiry date approaches.
Considering the circumstances, I no longer seek continued repair/service assistance. I seek **a full refund of ₹25,990 without depreciation or deduction**, along with reasonable compensation for the inconvenience, mental agony and loss of time caused by the defective product and deficient warranty-service handling.
I respectfully request that the complaint be considered on the basis of the documentary evidence submitted and that appropriate directions and relief be granted.