Blinkit Harassment

dawn2026

New member
Company Name
Blink Commerce Private Limited (Blinkit)
Product Name
Gorcery order cancelled but not refunded (2000) and additional harassment (25000)
Loss Amount
27000
Ratings
1.00 star(s)
I raised a prepaid order (Order ID: ORD35100364977) with Blinkit at around 5:00 PM. By mistake, the delivery address was set to another location where I had sent a gift through Blinkit the previous day.

Immediately after noticing the error, I tried to cancel the order. However, the customer care team kept transferring me from one department to another without actually cancelling the order. I also called the rider and explained that I had mistakenly placed the order for Kolkata instead of Mumbai and requested him not to deliver the order there.

After considerable effort, I finally received a call from Blinkit at 04035323135, where I explained the reason for cancellation. I agreed to pay the cancellation fee of ₹20 and requested that the remaining amount be refunded to my original source of payment. This was also confirmed in the Blinkit app chat.

What followed was extremely distressing. I started receiving calls from different Blinkit departments, with each person asking me to explain the reason for cancelling the order. They did not stop at contacting me; they also started calling the person at the incorrect delivery address.

The person was unwell, yet she still tried to respond to their calls and explain that the order had been placed by mistake. Blinkit called her at least 18–20 times, each time from a different person or department. Eventually, she had to put me on a conference call with Blinkit so that the repeated calls would stop. I explained once again that the order had been placed by mistake and that I had already agreed with customer care to cancel the order by paying the applicable ₹20 cancellation fee.

I also wrote an email to Blinkit customer care, but the calls and harassment did not stop. I subsequently wrote to the grievance team as well. There was no response from the grievance team, while calls from customer service, rider support and other departments continued, causing constant disturbance to someone not responsible.

I felt extremely ashamed and distressed because, due to my mistake, the other person at the incorrect delivery address was being repeatedly harassed even though she had absolutely no involvement in placing the order.

The situation did not end there. At around 7:30 PM, a person arrived at the delivery location with the order, despite all our efforts and repeated requests to cancel it. When the receiver refused to accept the products, the person behaved extremely rudely. I also received another call from the rider department, where I once again explained the entire situation.

The calls still did not stop. I had to repeatedly answer calls and explain the same reason for cancellation to different Blinkit representatives. The rider even stated: “This is a prepaid order. If you don't accept, I will take all myself.”

The person at the incorrect delivery address became unwell due to the continued harassment, which is completely unacceptable.

I had already explained the situation to Blinkit over the phone, through the app chat, on social media and by email. Despite repeatedly requesting Blinkit not to call the person at the incorrect address, they continued flooding her with calls and repeatedly asking her to explain the reason for cancelling the order.

This entire episode caused significant mental distress and harassment to both of us. Most importantly, an unwell person who was completely uninvolved in placing the order was subjected to repeated calls and unnecessary pressure despite our repeated requests to stop.

I therefore seek the following:
  1. Immediate refund of the amount paid for the products that were not delivered, to my original source of payment.
  2. Compensation of ₹25,000 for the mental harassment, distress and inconvenience caused by Blinkit's repeated and unnecessary calls, failure to process the cancellation despite repeated requests, and continued contact with an uninvolved and unwell person at the incorrect delivery address.
  3. A written explanation from Blinkit regarding why the order was not cancelled despite my repeated requests and my agreement to pay the ₹20 cancellation fee.
  4. Appropriate action to ensure that such repeated and unnecessary harassment does not happen to customers or third parties in similar circumstances in the future.
 

Attachments

  • Blinkit 1.jpg
    Blinkit 1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Blinkit 2.pdf
    Blinkit 2.pdf
    194.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Blinkit 3.pdf
    Blinkit 3.pdf
    326 KB · Views: 0
  • Blinkit 4.jpg
    Blinkit 4.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back
Top