Flipkart shows the product under warranty, but the service center stated it was activated in 2018, indicating it's a second-hand "refurbished" item.

Kapil R. Mohod

Loss Amount
Ratings
1.00 star(s)
I purchased a product from Flipkart, “Redmi Note 5 (Rose Gold, 32 GB),” but after 4 days of use, the charging port stopped working. Since the product was still under Flipkart’s 7-day return and replacement policy, I contacted Flipkart customer care to report the issue. The customer service representative assured me that they had raised a complaint on my behalf and advised me to visit the nearest service center for further assistance.

I then visited the MI Service Center located at Shop No. 424, Krida Square Road, Hanuman Nagar, Nagpur - 440024 (Near South Point High School) and explained the situation. However, after inspecting the phone, the service center staff informed me that the product had been activated in 2018, and its warranty had already expired. I was shocked because I had purchased the product just 7 days ago. They claimed that the phone was second-hand.

I immediately contacted Flipkart customer care again to inform them of the situation. They requested that I provide a job sheet or letter from the service center stating that the product is second-hand and was activated in 2018, causing the warranty to expire. However, the service center refused to provide me with any such letter or documentation, citing their policy. They would not even allow me to take a screenshot as proof.

Now I am filing a complaint against both Flipkart and the service center for not providing the necessary documentation and selling me a second-hand product. I have lost ₹7,937 in this transaction, and I am seeking resolution for this issue.

The MI Service Center located at Shop No. 424, Krida Square Road, Hanuman Nagar, Nagpur - 440024 (Near South Point High School) he said this is illegal but when i am going to their another service center they have provide something like this i have shared screenshots with you in the below attachment.

I have Raised this complaint 8th of OCT but Flipkart said without jobsheet we can’t help you and Authorise Service Centre not provide me this letter then what i have to do now. 🙏 please help me.

Attachments

• first1.jpeg
    first1.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 3
  • fourth4.jpeg
    fourth4.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 2
  • second2.jpeg
    second2.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 2
  • third3.jpeg
    third3.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 2
Hi Kapil,

I have few questions for you before suggesting.

1) Is this a open box delivery,

2) have you checked the phone at the time of delivery

3) What terms and conditions are mentioned on the product page about the delivery.

Thanks

1. Answer : - Yes, This is open box delivery.
2. Answer : - "At that time, the mobile was charged to 40%, and it was working fine. However, after four days, when I tried to connect it to the charger, it wouldn't charge, as the charger disconnected automatically. I tried connecting it again, and it worked for a couple of minutes, but then disconnected automatically again. That's when I realized it was a charging pin problem."
3. Answer: - They said this product has a 7-day return/replacement policy. I received the product on October 3rd and raised my query on October 8th. However, when I went to the service center, they told me they couldn't help because the product is second-hand and was already activated in 2018.

I have also attached the screenshots. Please check it.

Attachments

• one11.jpeg
    one11.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 1
  • three33.jpeg
    three33.jpeg
    41 KB · Views: 1
  • two22.jpeg
    two22.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1
Hi,

As per my suggestion you need to file a case in Consumer Forum against the Seller.

You can add the Flipkart as the second party, if they are not sending you the proper information.

For any suggestion, revert us back.

Thanks

Back